Thursday, December 31, 2009

If I am in receipt of benefits & tryin to get a job but can't - how would receiving a grant affect me?

Resolved Question

If I am in receipt of benefits & tryin to get a job but can't - how would receiving a grant affect me?

If I could get a grant to maybe start a club of some sort. Do I then declare the grant to all benefits? I hate being on benefits but am just not able to get work. I've racked my brains trying to think of ways to earn money. I.e. I could teach beginners piano. But then I can't have the money... so what do I do? I.e. I know I am allowed to have £20 (which I am getting) but I obviously want to build up earnings so that I can get out of the benefit trap!

I've filled in lots of 'online application forms, but nothing, I've signed up for agencies, still nothing. I've done a degree in Community work & studied for 5 years. But I am so broke, I can hardly afford shopping & fuel bills?????????????????????

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Ask your jobcentre adviser for a better off i work calculation to see how your benefits would be affected by taking a relatively low paid job. You can often continue to get benefits like tax credits and housing benefit while you're on low pay, so it can be better financially than you'd think.
Try calling in on the agencies once a week and agree with them what they and you are going to do to get you a job. Remind them that you're really keen, and that they only get paid when you're in work. Try getting a good CV together and sending it to employers even if they don't have vacancies advertised - lots of jobs are never advertised.
Declare your grant, and good luck.

Source(s):

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (0)

No other answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Personal Finance Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template