Tuesday, January 19, 2010

People in the UK: What salary would you consider as being rich?

Resolved Question

People in the UK: What salary would you consider as being rich?

I know it matters little, I'm just curious

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

I'd see a six-figure salary as being rich. It does depend where you live though. My cousin had to move to London for his career. He lives in a pretty horrible part of London, but even there house prices are stupidly high and his rent is really high. I could live very well on his salary where I live, but he couldn't even buy a studio flat where he lives!

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (5)

  • The Government considers anyone earning over £150k 'rich' (as in 'soak the rich' and 'Tax the rich') ..

    Needless to say, most individuals who can command that sort of salary make sure that do not collect it as 'wages' :-)
    [even MP's are 'clever enough' to collect most of their income as 'expenses' ]
  • If one person earns around £30k I'd say they were comfortable.

    £60k (GP's salary) - Pretty well-off.
    £100k (Consultant's salary) - Rich I'd say.

    It all depends what your outgoings are. I've known of medical doctors who were deeply in debt and had very little luxury, they still earned around £50k. All depends on your lifestyle.
  • I'd say a lot lower than that. Above 50K i would consider well off
    Above 100K i would consider wealthy
    above 150k would be rich.

    Source(s):

  • About 60k
  • Anything abouve £250,000 a year

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Personal Finance Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template