Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What would you consider financially stable to be?

Resolved Question

What would you consider financially stable to be?

Hi,

Just wondering in your opinion what do you consider to be financially stable?

Thanks

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Money left in checking account after contributing to my savings, paying bills and buying food.

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (7)

  • Financially stable would be having enough money to pay for all of the necessities that I would like: (i.e. mortgage, utilities, cable, internet, cell phone, health insurance, car insurance, etc.). I would also consider myself financially stable when I have at least ten months in an emergency savings account, plus money in a regular savings account. In addition, being financially stable to me means that I am able to contribute to my 401(k) (the maximum amount).

    I have no credit card debt, but I do have student loan debt (I'm still finishing my degree). I don't know that I will think of myself as financially stable until that's paid off ~ which will obviously be several years.

    Source(s):

  • Depends if you are interested in stability or safety. Financially stable would be income equals outgoings plus planned savings and an additional element for incidentals.

    For safety's sake I always think that liquid assets (cash, shares, etc) which are worth 6 months of net salary is about right, or sufficient to cover all fixed costs (mortgage, loans, taxes, water, gas, etc) for 12 months.
  • Having enough in income and savings not to have to worry about the regular bills, and especially the unexpected bills!! and having a safe job would be nice too (let me know if you know how to achieve this!!).
  • I agree with the others, but will add, without using any credit! It does not matter if you pay your bills and buy food if you have 20 grand in credit card debt!
  • Having enough money to support yourself, your children and to have a roof over your head and food in the cupboards?
  • Being able to pay the bills.
  • Yep.. I say the same as clever

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Personal Finance Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template