Monday, September 28, 2009

Can I pay in advance for my gas & electric?

Resolved Question

Can I pay in advance for my gas & electric?

Hiya
Im with Scottish Power & pay quarterly just wondered if I pay more than my bill is would it take it off my next bill or would they try to refund me?
Thanks
xXx

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

if you pay more they will roll it over to your next bill so you will always be in credit. they will not refund you!

I have budget payment cards for my gas and a key for electric so i never owe electric but with my gas i pay £15 a week and then i know my bill will be covered and i always have some in credit

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (5)

  • I am in the US, but every time I have overpaid any of my utility bills, they applied the extra a a credit on my next bill. I don't see why it would be different in the UK. You can always ask Scottish power. I suspect there is a phone number on the bill for this type of question.
  • My old Mum had cards for her electric and gas, she paid money on them through her post office. I'm not sure how it works (she was not on a prepayment meter) and when she died they gave me her money back.
    Try asking at the post office.
  • Manage your own money, don't trust a utility CO. to manage your money for you.

    Source(s):

  • No it would just put you in credit and come off the next bill, if your not sure why not give them a call or email and see.
  • on 2 your next bill, no problem

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Personal Finance Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template