Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I have a prepay meter for my gas.. Can I ask my supplier to Transfer to quarterly bills.?

Resolved Question

I have a prepay meter for my gas.. Can I ask my supplier to Transfer to quarterly bills.?

I fell on hard times about 6 Years ago (As you do) and I asked my gas supplier to install a prepay gas meter.
Now Money is no longer an issue (Thank god) I can afford quarterly bills again.
Would Npower transfer me back to quarterly bills (There is no outstanding debt on the prepay gas meter)
Thank you for your answers
Have a good day

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Yes you can. They will run a credit check on you first.

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (6)

  • Not sure about nPower but I have a British Gas pre-pay meter which has been clear of debt for many years, about 3 years ago I asked about changing to ordinary meter - they wanted the equivalent of a full years gas up front & then every bill for the next year paid in full within 7 days of bill date - if I did this I could have my money back with interest after 12 months. I declined & still have my meter. Southern Electric on the other hand changed my meter (electric) - their only condition was that I pay by Monthly Direct Debit. You can ask but be prepared for a large fee.
  • I have just been a similar situation, and yes, Npower will change the meter back, as you are an existing customer, they should do it for free, if not, change supplier and stipulate that you want a free meter change. If you phone NPower customer services, they should be able to sort it out for you.
  • Cant see why not, but they might do a credit check first or even ask for a deposit. Alternatively, you could change supplier.
  • I bought a house with a prepayment meter. The supplier did a credit check on us then changed it for free.I did refuse though to pay by Direct Debit for my quarterly bills.
  • Yes I think so,, but you might have to pay... But fuel costs a lot more on prepayment meters compared to direct debit ,, so you will recuperate any costs in time ..
  • Yes they will happily do this and charge you for the installation of the new meter which will run into hundreds of pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Personal Finance Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template