Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Selling to cash converters?!?

Resolved Question

Selling to cash converters?!?

Do they give you good money for stuff? I've got loads of old computer games, dvd's, cd's, how much would i get? Also, do you have to have a membership to sell stuff to them, like at CEX?
Thanks :)

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

my confession is that I'm a horder, don't have a lot of space so when I go to carboot I can't resist 40 DVD, 20 CDs few pointless nicknacks etc.

so usually need to flog a ton load of stuff to ebay and found CEX a godsend for the still quite newly released (they buy as near ebay prices, so worth a look and are online). drawback is that they don't give very good prices on anything over 2 years old or less popular titles.

or go to a swaps channel you name your price in points and you use your points to buy other peoples items, some even have a cash out option (which usually costs 10%). having used a few of these I'd recommend swapshop.co.uk http://www.swapshop.co.uk/default.aspx?referrerid=f9e257b1-27df-402b-8726-567b818a4c74 because they have friendly customer services and people on there are usually honest. trouble is you have to wait for someone to want your item, then find something you want in return. advantage is that you often end up with more points than the other methods and especially on lower priced items (CEX often give out under 30p on some old dvds and cd)

so high value items sell on ebay and CEX, low value items or unpopular items on swapshop (please use one of the links, as its gives both me and you 300 points upon first transaction).

Source(s):

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (2)

  • I would shop around, I found they all do different prices on the spot, so you know just browse a little and only sell up to the highest paying shop - I did the same with my mobile, here on the internet, compared my phone between sites to buy it off me, you know?
  • Just sell your gear on Ebay

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Personal Finance Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template