Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How would this affect my income support?

Resolved Question

How would this affect my income support?

I am currently reciving income support and am about to start a college course. I am thinking of moving into my bf's house (he still lives with his parents) mon-fri as it is closer to college and my sons nursery.
He works full time howver doesnt earn enough to fully support us.

would i still be able to claim income support or would my benefits stop? i dont particularly want to get into trouble lol.

thanks in advance x

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Your IS would stop, but you or bf would be able to claim tax credits. Go and see Citizens Advice. They have a program that will do all the sums for you.

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (3)

  • Living with anyone does affect your benefit support. Believe me when I say someone will dob you in. Many people I know have suffered the abuse of dobber inners and they were not dong what was reported.
    It would be best to speak to the Job centre or benefits office, they can only proivde an honest answer. There is web page you can find answers in. Good luck watch out for the ill willed.
  • You might be entitled to EMA payments http://ema.direct.gov.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Personal Finance Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template