Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Is this a reasonable estimate?

Resolved Question

Is this a reasonable estimate?

I want to move out of my parents house but I've only ever lived in university halls and then with my sister so I've never 'really' paid rent properly.

I'm trying to work it out, can anybody tell me if this is a reasonable estimate for a person who takes home £1200 a month:

RENT - £400 per month (will be sharing with someone, whole 2 bedroom flat is £800pcm)

BILLS - £150 per month (Gas, Water, Electricity, Broadband, Council Tax, TV License. We have decided we won't have a Phone or Sky)

GROCERIES - £150 per month (this is for myself, I am not calculating the other girl, but I am including shared amenities like toilet roll and cleaning products)

TRAVEL - £150 per month (I know this for sure, this is my zone 1 - 4 travelcard)

Am I missing anything? I'm not accounting for luxuries and I have already calculated my student loan, that comes out before my take home cash.

Is this a realistic estimate?

Additional Details

I'll add £30 extra a month for mobile phone contract - thanks.

I'm not accounting for things like snacks (that comes into groceries, I usually carry snacks & water in my handbag that I buy in my weekly shop as I don't like to waste money and I read free papers/ the news online).

I'm definitely not accounting for social activities, that can vary month to month.

3 days ago

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Im single and these are currently my bills = average (remember this is mine and can be different to yours):

Mortgage: £255 (currently)
Water - £30.35 (not on a meter)
Council Tax - £70 (I get 25% discount living alone)
Gas - £32
Electric - £18
Phone and Broadband - £15.50
TV Licence - £12
Food - £65
Insurance (building and insurance) - £25

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (3)

  • I would think your groceries will be nearer £200 - £225 per month

    also incidentals - eg books, magazines, papers, snacks, coffees, water , coke,sandwiches ,etc when on the way from home to wherever... beer ,wine, spirits etc for the weekend ? tickets for cinema, concerts , going out costs clothes, shoes , etc etc ; another £100 per month ?
  • Looks OK but I bet you'll need a 'phone. Get a pay as you go.
  • Explore the opportunities of viable loan as you secure your loan from a legitimate lender today that does not only render answers to your finanacial services, but also build and guide your finacial needs towards a sustainable life investment opportunities.

    This loan offer is been made affordable at a 3% interest rate which allows you to make the best use of lending services.

    If you are really in need of a loan, just let me know the amount you need as a loan, and contact this company via email address: sterlingloancompany@yahoo.com
    via contact name:
    Mr Terry Morgan; to caculate the terms and conditions for the amount you need:

    Name......................
    Country...............................
    Gender.................
    Home or Office Address...............
    Amount needed........................
    Duration..................
    Phone number.......................
    Occupation............................…
    Monthly income...........................
    Marital Status...............................
    Purpose of loan....................................…

    Singed;
    Management.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Personal Finance Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template